Can you spot the differences in these logos?
If you’re not keeping up with the ever-changing logos and rules of your brand’s compliance guidelines, it could cost you. Violations to compliance rules in automotive advertising usually means that you won’t get co-op reimbursement for your media. However, multiple violations within a given time frame could have more serious consequences, like decreased dealer contributions, suspension or expulsion from your DMA programs, or permanent ineligibility to receive credits for any wholesale purchases.
So, how do you make sure that you remain in good standing with your OEM and get maximum reimbursement for your car dealership advertising? Have a dedicated team that:
- Studies your brand’s marketing and advertising rules and guidelines
- Keeps an eye out for any compliance changes or updates and notifies all relevant departments within the agency (production, art, digital, social, account services) of those changes
- Is in constant contact with marketing centers to clarify any unclear or ambiguous rules
- Meticulously proofs all creative and runs them through the brand’s pre-approval process
- Retains all pre-approval correspondence and required documentation for co-op claim submissions
That’s where we come in! We are a full-service automotive ad agency that knows the “ins and outs” of the business. You can rely on us to make sure your ads are up-to-date and 100% brand compliant.
If you’re having issues with brand compliance, or just simply want someone else to handle it, let us know. Intermark Automotive is here to help!
by Shea Posey, Senior Account Executive/Compliance & Co-op Specialist