For car dealers, running continuous media campaigns can sometimes be problematic. With incentives changing every month, there’s always a two- to five-day window from the time new offers are announced to when new creative can be produced and disseminated to the various media outlets. If your dealership doesn’t have “evergreen” creative that can run at any time, then you’re missing out on a number of opportunities to reach potential customers and to take advantage of media deals.
In this 60-Second Update, Intermark Automotive makes a compelling case for why every car dealership needs an evergreen marketing strategy:
One reason a dealer may not have evergreen creative is the additional production costs. Trust me when I say that a one-time fee for a well-thought-out branding campaign pales in comparison to the value you’ll receive in the end. Even if your brand requires a national event for co-op reimbursement, the benefits of running branding spots far outweigh running outdated car dealership ads or not running at all.
Why every dealership should have evergreen creative for both traditional and digital media:
- Brand Awareness. The more times people see and hear your message, the more likely they will be able to recall or recognize your dealership later, even if they’re not currently in the market for a new or used vehicle.
- Brand-Building Content. Evergreen marketing is a great way to connect with potential customers by providing them with relevant information about your dealership that they may not get from your incentives-based ads. Having a consistent “Why Buy Here?” auto marketing strategy will have a long-term effect on your market’s impression of your dealership. Evergreen creative gives you the opportunity to show off the goods. Highlight your incredible customer service (awards, real customer testimonials, etc.). Showcase your impressive new and used inventory (in the showroom, on the lot, and with aerial footage). Talk about your community involvement. Make customers feel good about doing business with a company that gives back locally. “Check the boxes” of how your dealership makes the entire car-buying process quick, easy, and stress-free. Give potential buyers a reason to consider your dealership today, tomorrow, and in the future.
- Set It and Forget It. Evergreen creative allows you to set your digital campaigns on auto-pilot. No more stopping your campaigns after the last day of each month, then starting them back up a week or two later once new creative is produced. By keeping your campaigns up and running every day of the month, you’ll notice better performance results and more consistent traffic to your website, as well as to your dealership. The evergreen content on your website is important too, especially for SEO. Relevant content that stands the test of time will not only provide visitors with useful information but will also keep your bounce rate low. However, this does not mean that it’s okay to run evergreen creative indefinitely or that you’ll never need to update your website.
- Added Value. If your media buyer is doing his/her job well, TV and radio stations are constantly offering bonus spots. (If you aren’t being offered bonus weight with your media schedules, you should contact us today!) The downside is that these bonus spots are almost always only available at the beginning of the month. Having evergreen spots “in the can” allows you to take advantage of these freebies, resulting in higher reach, higher frequency, and a lower CPP. The value of these free spots will very quickly offset what you paid in evergreen production costs.
- Never Miss a Big Game. How many times have you received a call from a local station offering you a last-minute spot in a highly rated sporting event at a greatly reduced cost? If it fell outside of your regularly scheduled flight, chances are you had to turn it down because you didn’t have a spot available to air. With evergreen creative, you’ll never miss out on these opportunities again.
- It’s Okay to Commit. Ongoing packages and sponsorships don’t stop just because your new creative isn’t yet produced. If you don’t have evergreen creative, you could run the risk of your spots not airing in very important programs, like NCAA Football or the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Evergreen creative means that you always have a spot to traffic, so you can put your mind at ease before jumping into long-term media commitments.
For more information and help creating an evergreen strategy, contact Intermark Automotive today!
by Shea Posey, Senior Account Executive/Compliance & Co-op Specialist