As a car dealer, chances are you’ve tried geofencing (location-based marketing) at one time or another. And why not? The opportunity to snag a customer directly from the competition’s lot is very appealing. Although geofencing is not a new automotive marketing concept, the capabilities are growing in a powerful way, making it a more targeted pathway to reach potential low-funnel customers.
If you’re not including real-time location-based marketing in your media mix, here are some reasons for you to reconsider:
- Hyper-Target Prospects. Reach the right people at the right time and the right place with relevant and timely messaging.
- Target Specific Geographic Areas. Engage prospects in your target area by filtering down specific criteria and demographics.
- Spend Less, Get More. With geo-targeting, you’re able to hit a moving target with your advertising, pinpointing customers with the highest intent.
- Provide Personalization for Customers. The majority of consumers prefer a personalized ad experience over generic advertising messages. With real-time ad targeting, you’re able to send a dynamic ad featuring the exact or similar vehicle of the one they’re looking for.
- Higher Click-Through Rate. According to a report from Verve Mobile, location targeting more than doubles the performance of mobile ads.
- Develop Closer Relationships. Three out of four consumers complete an action after receiving a message when approaching a specific location. A Global Location Trends Report conducted by the Location Based Marketing Association (LBMA) revealed that mobile location-based marketing creates deeper relationships with customers.
- Immediate Feedback. Over 50% of shoppers visited a retailer after receiving a location-based message.
- Improved Data Collection. Geofencing increases analytics and tools for metric analysis through location tracking and detailed customer behaviors.
Nothing is more annoying than seeing a new car on the road with your competitor’s drive-out tag. You KNOW you can beat their best deal, but you just weren’t given the chance. What if you could let the customer know that you can make them a better offer IN REAL TIME while they’re shopping your brand on another dealer’s lot?
How do we do it?
- Intermark Automotive has access to a proprietary process that follows the customer journey, starting as a targeted internal email blast that becomes a full history of known digital shoppers going forward. We can tell you what vehicles potential customers are considering and where they need assistance.
- We identify your competitors’ clients and attack their in-boxes with your offers.
- We deploy hundreds of thousands of touchpoints, then retarget the prospects who show intent.
- We customize digital marketing strategies to each dealership’s unique needs.
- We view sales funnel strategies from the bottom up, starting with highest intent. As prospects move throughout the funnel, multichannel retargeting increases as the strategy becomes more aggressive.
- We provide comprehensive analytics and live reporting dashboards, which allow for transparency and collaboration to reach goals.
To take advantage of the many benefits of real-time ad targeting, contact Intermark Automotive today!
by Shea Posey, Senior Account Executive/Compliance & Co-op Specialist